xiro xplorer v gimbal broken

Ask for advice with fixing or repairing or custom modifications here.
sibo2540

xiro xplorer v gimbal broken

Post by sibo2540 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:12 am

recently broke my xplorer v gimbal snapped a plastic arm and to ribin cables does any on know of any where to get this repaired?

Techshark
Airborne

Re: xiro xplorer v gimbal broken

Post by Techshark » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:43 am

Hi sibo2540,

Last weekend i had a hard landing and both my gimbalrm broke.
the flatcable however seems to be alright
with two compoment glue i glued de arms and 24 hours later it functions fine.
Xiro Xplorer V 07/2016
Gimbal Ver. 50521
Flight Controller Unit: 50913
Camera Ver. UG3300_C_FW_4.9.1_150827_H
App Ver. 2.2.0.0623
Gimbal Handheld UR0000 16095

AjV

Post by AjV » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:30 am

Ribin cables are very hard to fix is my understanding, not sure where you would get a replacement from other than Xiro
sibo2540 wrote:recently broke my xplorer v gimbal snapped a plastic arm and to ribin cables does any on know of any where to get this repaired?

xirodad

Post by xirodad » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:37 pm

I have one on order from Ali express. There are G and V versions available.

The gimbal arm is very easily glued with a good quality superglue and mine is like new now but they also sell all the gimbal parts on ali express. Check it out

adamu77
Airborne

Post by adamu77 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:35 am

I'm new to this site. Yes like Xirodad says they can be repaired. Mine was smashed into 4 pieces. I purchased a new ribbon cable from Aliexpress (Explorer V), and used a good quality 2-part epoxy to repair the broken plastic arms, and brought mine back to life. Make sure to get them straight after gluing as there's not much tolerance. You can also buy new gimbal parts separately on Aliexpress for $$$. When re-fitting the new ribbon cable, I started from the camera side and worked my way back from there. It's finicky but with patience can be done. If upon fitting the new ribbon cable you get video to your phone, but the gimbal does a "chicken dance" (wild movements), then suspect a broken rotary potentiometer. Let me know if you need more info about replacing these as I had to do mine. :D

Blob

Post by Blob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:52 am

adamu77 wrote:I'm new to this site. Yes like Xirodad says they can be repaired. Mine was smashed into 4 pieces. I purchased a new ribbon cable from Aliexpress (Explorer V), and used a good quality 2-part epoxy to repair the broken plastic arms, and brought mine back to life. Make sure to get them straight after gluing as there's not much tolerance. You can also buy new gimbal parts separately on Aliexpress for $$$. When re-fitting the new ribbon cable, I started from the camera side and worked my way back from there. It's finicky but with patience can be done. If upon fitting the new ribbon cable you get video to your phone, but the gimbal does a "chicken dance" (wild movements), then suspect a broken rotary potentiometer. Let me know if you need more info about replacing these as I had to do mine. :D

Is there any chance you could post a link to a suitable ribbon cable? Thanks buddy

adamu77
Airborne

Post by adamu77 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Blob wrote:Is there any chance you could post a link to a suitable ribbon cable? Thanks buddy
This is where I got mine:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 0.0.WnHGCn

ben1101

Post by ben1101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

adamu77 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:35 am
I'm new to this site. Yes like Xirodad says they can be repaired. Mine was smashed into 4 pieces. I purchased a new ribbon cable from Aliexpress (Explorer V), and used a good quality 2-part epoxy to repair the broken plastic arms, and brought mine back to life. Make sure to get them straight after gluing as there's not much tolerance. You can also buy new gimbal parts separately on Aliexpress for $$$. When re-fitting the new ribbon cable, I started from the camera side and worked my way back from there. It's finicky but with patience can be done. If upon fitting the new ribbon cable you get video to your phone, but the gimbal does a "chicken dance" (wild movements), then suspect a broken rotary potentiometer. Let me know if you need more info about replacing these as I had to do mine. :D
Hi Adamu77,

It seems I can't yet send a PM, but could you please provide information regarding the type of rotary potentiometer in the gimbal as I have a broken one and can easily replace the pot if I knew the type.

Thanks!